Thursday, June 12, 2008

Waltzing with Tchaikovsky on a rainy afternoon


Well I don’t really have any theoretical knowledge about music. But I think I can feel and appreciate the right king of music. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky is one of those maestros I admire. But even I don’t know why suddenly am I liking his music so much and why am I associating him with rain!

I started the morning with his Arabian Dance followed by Swan Lake. Both of them in my opinion have a plaintive quality that can be associated with solitary beings like me. The sudden burst of energy in Flight of the Bumble Bee and the heart warming romanticism in Waltz of Flowers also are suiting my mood at the moment. As the sky is overcast since the morning and the light drizzle have already started with gentle breeze, I am feeling that gay (not in “that” sense) abandon which I always feel before the first showers of the season. I am uploading this youtube video that plays Waltz of Flowers.




I also took a photograph from the balcony which captures the freshened up Neem tree with a backdrop of the cloudy sky. That is the one I have pasted above. This place is not known for a long rainy season. So let’s relish it till it lasts!

4 comments:

Bhaskar said...

The photo is not visible.

BTW I have only heard Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky, and that too in college.

quetzalcoatl said...

@ Bhaskar...well photo is there...is showing in my browser...might be some technical prob

KS said...

where is the overcast sky?

quetzalcoatl said...

@KS
well as u know....in Ahd good things don't last long!!!